About Cincinnatus Press
Founded in 2007 by independent author Charles Sheehan-Miles, Cincinnatus Press focuses on high quality fiction and nonfiction with a story to tell and social impact. We publish in all genres and cover all topics.
What we do
Cincinnatus Press publishes high quality fiction and nonfiction in ebook and print format. We primarily work with independent authors, so flexibility is a key focus. Our work includes:
- Editing, cover and interior design
- Distribution in print and ebook formats
- Marketing and sales
Charles Sheehan-Miles has been a soldier, computer programmer, short-order cook and non-profit executive, and is the author of more than a dozen fiction and non-fiction books, including the indie bestsellers Just Remember to Breathe and Republic: A Novel of America’s Future. He is a member of The Authors Guild and the Association of Independent Authors.
Andrea has been writing since she was a young child. Beginning with poetry and short stories, she learned the beauty and transformative power of words. She is a 2005 graduate of Cornell University, and currently resides in South Hadley, Massachusetts
Where do we sell ebooks?
The vast majority of indie authors focus on a few key markets: Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. We can help you get your books placed in these stores if you don’t want to go direct. In addition, through our partnerships we also distribute to more than 1,000 other retailers, distributors and libraries, including Overdrive, BookShout!, TheCopia and more. We’ll work with you to customize your distribution to fit your needs.
A quick selection of where we distribute ebooks and paper books to:
- Major retailers including Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble
- Google Play, Diesel, Sony, txtr
- Kobo Books and their partners including fnac, Indigo.ca and dozens more across the globe
- Overdrive and their partners including Books-a-million, Omnilit, Kalahari.com and more
- Subscription services including Scribd and Oyster
- Blio, Copia, Wheelers, Blinkbox, Bookshout! and Bookwire
- Major ebook stores in Europe including Thalia, eBook.de, Casa del Libros and more
Depending on the needs of the author we place paperbacks and hardcovers through Createspace, Lightning Source and we’re currently exploring options for cheaper distribution of paperback books in Asia for local distribution.
Can I opt-out of distribution to some outlets?
If we work with you solely on a distribution-only basis, we can distribute your books to selected outlets on a custom basis (that way you can stay direct with Amazon or other retailers as needed).
How does it all work?
When you contact us, we’ll work with you to develop a custom plan that gets your books available for sale as widely as possible.
What does it cost?
Cincinnatus Press does not pay advances against royalties at this time. However, we don’t make any money unless you do. Our goal is to help you sell books. Depending on the arrangement we agree on, our share of your sales will generally range from 10% (distribution only deals) up to 25% (if we’ve invested in editing, cover design and more).
Interested in working with us?
If you are an indie or traditionally published author and would like to work with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what you should include in your introductory email:
1) Are you currently published or self-published?
2) If so, we’ll need to know where you have the rights to distribute your titles and we’ll want to explore current sales and opportunities for future sales. If you’re currently published, include links to some of your current work and let us know how many titles you are looking to publish.
3) If you are not currently published, please include a one paragraph synopsis of your book and the first 1,000 words in the body of your email.